Thursday, September 25, 2008

McCain's gambit backfiring

John McCain's gambit to avoid debating Barack Obama (and more importantly, to scuttle the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden) is backfiring.

According to an informal online Newsvine poll, about 71% of respondents strongly disagreed with John McCain's decision to back out of this Friday's presidential debate. Another 9% or so "disagreed," making a total of about 80% who thought McCain had made the wrong decision in cancelling his debate with Barack Obama. This was the total as of midnight, September 24, 2008, with 172,081 votes recorded.

This decision could be a disaster for McCain.

No comments: